1967 Shelby GT-500 (1 of 1)
A 1 of 1 1967 GT-500. As rare as they get!!!!
Investor Grade Shelby
1 of 13
PER MARTI REPORT
1 OF 1
PER SHELBY AMERICAN AUTOMOBILE CLUB
This is an incredible investment grade Shelby GT-500. It comes complete with a deluxe Marti Report and confirmation from SAAC of all pertinent details.
I have been collecting, buying and selling Shelby’s for over 40 years. This is an exceptional and exciting addition for anyone’s collection. There were only 13 WHITE GT-500’s produced with AIR. There were only 85 GT-500’s produced with automatic and air. THIS WAS THE ONLY WHITE/AIR/AUTO CAR SHIPPED TO MIAMI. IT WAS ALSO ONE OF ONLY 2 TO HAVE A TRACTION-LOK REAR END AND ONE OF ONLY 6 TO HAVE KH WHEELS AND OUTBOARD LIGHTS. This car is documented as having been delivered from the factory with:
· tinted glass,
· fold down rear seat
· Kelsey Hayes optional wheels
· dealer installed stripes
No Shelby’s from this period had a VIN on the engine block. However, this engine is reputed to be the original and has a date code of 7C23, which according to SAAC “falls within an acceptable date range” for the car’s build date of 5/16/67. Correct BJ and BK carbs are mounted atop a date correct aluminum intake dated 6K23 (October 23, 1966).
A major bonus with this car is that its documents include all titles back to its earliest daysand photos of the car during restoration as well as shortly after purchase showing the DEALER INSTALLED BLUE LEMANS STRIPES.
While this car is an older restoration it is extremely exceptional in every respect. We would estimate the following conditions on various key collector points:
· Paint, 9 on a scale of 10. A few minor chips and blemishes, but over all a very high quality, correct paint job that shows well.
· Interior, 10 on a scale of 10. The interior is very correct, shows little to no wear and is in excellent condition.
· Engine bay, 9.5 on a scale of 10. Engine bay is correctly detailed with all major components correct and present. Slight staining on intake manifold.
· Undercarriage, 9 on a scale of 10. The undercarriage is correctly done with factory paint markings, red oxide primer with overspray and correct factory paint daubs.